It’s the most wonderful time of the year . . . To sell a house? That’s a good question!
Your time is going to be short and your list of things to do is going to be long. To ease the stress of keeping your house in perfect showing condition all the time, you’re wondering if it might be smarter to take your home off the Rancho Cucamonga real estate market during the Holidays.
Of course, this time of year is historically spent feasting on turkey, entertaining family and friends and giving gifts. Selling a home typically isn’t at the top of the holiday list – but YES, Rancho Cucamonga home sellers, people do buy homes during the holiday season!
Should You Keep Your Rancho Cucamonga House For Sale During the Holidays?
Actually, there are actually two trains of thought and each carries its own merit. I can give you half a dozen reasons why you should keep your house on the market during the holidays and just as many reasons to take it off. It’s strictly a personal decision. Some things to consider:
Why Take Your Rancho Cucamonga Home Off the Market During the Holidays
- You’re appealing to a much smaller inventory of Buyers
- It is inconvenient to always be ready to show at a moment’s notice. Especially with kids out of school for the Holiday and out of town guest staying over.
- It’s almost impossible to close a transaction in December if the offer is received mid-month.
Why Leave Your Rancho Cucamonga Home For Sale During the Holidays
- True there are typically fewer buyers during November and December, but the Buyers that are out there looking are motivated Rancho Cucamonga Home Buyers.
- There are fewer Rancho Cucamonga homes for sale during the holidays. Keeping your house on the market could provide a competitive advantage.
- Remember not all Rancho Cucamonga Buyers celebrate the same holidays.
So as you can see there are as many pros and there are cons. But if you decide to leave your Rancho Cucamonga home For Sale during the holidays, here are a few things to consider:
- You’ll want to keep the decorations to a minimum. Don’t cover up important selling features such as bright open bay windows, fireplace mantels and stairs.
- Don’t dwarf the room with an oversized Christmas tree.
- Decorate with splashes of red because red is an emotionally appealing color.
- Use greenery such as evergreen or rosemary garlands.
- Display centerpieces made from pine cones to provide a pleasant clean scent of nature.
- Stack wrapped presents in a closet or securely in one corner.
- Set a plate of cookies on the counter, next to festive paper napkins for Buyers.
- Remember Buyers often have kids in tow, so never leave candles burning unattended.
So in answer to the question, It’s The Most Wonderful Time of The Year . . . to Sell a House? Certainly, there’s no guarantee your home will sell during the Holidays, but don’t you all agree that homes certainly show better during the Holidays?